About Allergy & Asthma Awareness Initiative
AAAI,Inc. was formed from a need to make the world safe for people living with allergies and asthma. Each of our board members lives with allergies, asthma and food intolerance within their families. We saw that education and awareness was lacking and found a way to change that.
In 2013, we went to the superintendent of schools in Peabody to discuss raising awareness around these diseases and we were met with positivity and complete support. Shortly thereafter, a network of other parents of allergic and asthmatic children formed. In 2015, our group officially became a non-profit organization and Allergy and Asthma Awareness Initiative, Inc. was formed!
We are proud to have accomplished the following:
- Halloween Candy Give-Back to support Operation Troop Support
- Cookies for a Cause – Halloween and Valentine’s Day
- The Sticky Project – Collected over 600 sticky notes from all areas of the world!
- Participated in the Teal Pumpkin Project
- FARE Walk 2015 – one of the top 5 fundraising teams
- Partnership with the North Shore Navigators to become a peanut free venue
- Epi-Cabinet approval for all schools in the city of Peabody
- Co-sponsored the first BCH Food Allergy Conference with Boston Children’s Hospital
- Annually hosted the Breathe Benefit to raise money for awareness, education and future initiatives
- Secured office space at 81 Main Street, #7, Peabody MA 01960
- Participate in the R.E.Cs Annual Touch-a-Truck in Peabody
- Member of the North Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Recognized by FARE as an allergy support group in 2017
Meet the Team
Chief Executive Officer
Chair, Public Policy and Advocacy
Michael DiGirolamoBoard Vice Chairperson
Finance and Treasurer
Brid LoughmanChair, Medical
Amy MallettChair, Fundraising
The Allergy and Asthma Awareness Initiative, Inc.
The Allergy and Asthma Awareness Initiative, Inc. is committed to raising awareness and education around allergies, asthma, and food intolerance.